COURSE NUMBER 0291
YEAR: 2016/2017 / CLASS: A1 and A3
TEACHER: Mrs. Jenny Kogut
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT: Mr. Dan Asbury
PHONE: 853-2255, EXT. 7130
WEBPAGE IS LOCATED ON RCPS.INFO, UNDER PATRICK HENRY HIGH SCHOOL, UNDER CLASSROOMS, SPECIAL EDUCATION
Students will rotate through teacher created Work Stations to obtain material related to instruction, hands on practice and independent assignments. IEP goals will be taught as individual instruction takes place.
H. missing variable
J. algebraic equations
K. problem solving
The students are required to attend class regularly, and on time. They are required to follow the rules set forth in the student handbook and our classroom Essential Agreements.
Please see the Student Handbook for Roanoke City Public Schools policies on attendance/tardiness, homework, and senior exam exemption. The following are highlights of the policies outlined in the Student Handbook:
1. Students are expected to arrive at school and to all classes on time every day.
2. Each student has the right to learn in an environment free of drugs and alcohol.
3. Students have the right to learn in a safe environment with others who respect their well-being. Carrying , bringing, using, or possessing any firearm, dangerous device, or dangerous or deadly weapon in any school building, on school grounds, in any school vehicle, or at any school-sponsored activity without the authorization of the principal or superintendent is prohibited and grounds for disciplinary action.
4. Students are entitled to a learning environment free of unnecessary disruption. Any physical or verbal disturbance that interrupts or interferes with teaching and orderly conduct of school activities is prohibitied.
5. Students deserve to attend school free from fear. Extortion, stalking, threats and kidnapping are prohibited.
6. Students and school personnel are entitled to a school environment free from threats and the physical aggression of others.
A - Indicates Outstanding Achievement 90 - 100
B- Indicates Above Average Achievement 80 - 89
C- Indicates Average Achievement 70 - 79
D- Indicates Below Average Achievement 60 - 69
F- Indicates Unsatisfactory Achievement Below 60
Statement for Students with Disabilities:
Any student with a documented disability will receive the accommodations in his/her IEP or 504 plan. If those accommodations are not sufficient for academic progress, the teacher, student, or parent may contact the case manager to arrange for a meeting to discuss additional options.
Statement on Academic Integrity:
Patrick Henry seeks to maintain an optimal learning environment. General principles of academic honesty include respect for the intellectual property of others, the expectation that individual work will be submitted unless otherwise allowed by an instructor, and the obligations both to protect one’s own academic work from misuse by others as well as to avoid using another’s work as one’s own. All students are expected to understand and abide by these principles. Students representing the work of another as their own will receive a grade of “F” on that assignment in addition to other possible disciplinary actions.