Patrick Henry High School Dress Code for 2016-17
Dress Code Updated 8/17
Dress or appearance which disrupts the educational process or which poses a threat to the safety or welfare of the student or others is prohibited. Garments or accessories with obscene, vulgar, or sexually suggestive language or pictures or those that could reasonably be construed as promoting illegal substance or alcohol abuse are prohibited.
Reminder: many students and staff are allergic to perfume and scented cosmetics. Do not spray or apply perfume or scented cosmetics in enclosed spaces such as classrooms, buses or bathrooms. Students who do so will be subject to disciplinary action.
Student dress contributes to the overall climate of the school. Not all fashion trends are appropriate for school. Student appearance/style must not be disruptive to classroom activities. Good judgment in the selection of clothing will result in fewer interruptions during the school day. These rules apply to both male and female attire. All students must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Shoes are required at all times. Bedroom slippers, lounge shoes, and wheeled shoes, cleats are not permissible.
2. Clothing must be clean and in good repair.
3. Midriff, tube-tops, halter tops, low-cut or see through articles of clothing are not acceptable unless worn with appropriate covering.
5. No undergarments may be visible at any time.
6. Pants should remain at waist level. Shorts, dresses, skirts, and slits in skirts must not be shorter than fingertip length.
7. Head coverings (unless for religious or medical purposes) are not to be worn by students inside of the building. Unauthorized head coverings may be confiscated.
8. Sunglasses may not be worn inside buildings at any time.
9. Gang-related apparel are not to be worn or displayed on school grounds. The administration will determine clothing representative of gang affiliation and will not permit such apparel to be worn at school.
10. Bandanas, metal chains, and spiked jewelry are not permitted.
Parents may be called to bring appropriate clothing or clothing will be provided by the school. Hats or other head coverings will be confiscated and returned to a parent/guardian.
An administrator’s judgment regarding dress code violations is FINAL.